Free on the First
The 1st of every month, all our books that are available on Amazon under the Kindle Unlimited program are completely FREE.
Which books are free on the 1st?
Those pictured at the top of the page (and a few more):
- Argo and Me
- Holdin Pott
- Mama's Waves (also Daddy's waves)
You Weren't With Me
Argo y Yo
- Cuando no Estabas Conmigo
- Las Olas de Mamá
- Las Olas de Papá
Why do we do this?
- We believe that "help should be given to those who ask."
- We want families with fewer financial resources to have access to our stories to support their healing.
We still believe in the magic of the printed book. There is nothing quite like a child pulling a book down from a shelf when they need it and reading it with you, but we do hope this makes our books easily accessible to those who cannot otherwise get them.
How do we do this?
Amazon allows us have a specific number of free give away days for books listed under Kindle Unlimited. All of our other books (e.g. Trinka and Sam and Once I Was Very Very Scared) already have free PDF versions that are downloadable from this website, which is why we are not allowed to include them on the Kindle Unlimited Program.
If you appreciate this, let us know
- Please write us a review (on Goodreads, Amazon, or any other platform where you buy our books).
- Your words matter. They help families, providers, and systems learn that our books are useful.
- Send us an email (email@example.com).
How do you get the free version?
- You do not need a Kindle. You can download the free Kindle app to any device.
- The Kindle app needs to be connected to an Amazon account. If you do not use Amazon then sorry, this will not work.
- Find the book title on Amazon
- Click on the Kindle version. It will say "Kindle unlimited."
- You should see a button that looks like this the image below
- Do not click the button that says "Read for free" unless you already have a KindleUnlimited membership.
- Click the small print text under the button that says "Want to buy for $0.00" because this is what you want to do.
- This should let you have the book for free on your Kindle app.