Fighting the Big Virus: Trinka, Sam,
and Littletown Work Together
Language Versions in Progress
Translation Team Information
Fondacione Together Albania
Chinese (simplified Chinese)
Launched 20, May 2020 Social Workers Across Borders: www.swab.org.hk
Chinese (traditional Chinese)
IN PROCESS: Social Workers Across Borders: www.swab.org.hk
CONFIRMED: Finnish association of psychotraumatology: https://psykotrauma.fi/
Team Assembled: Beginning Translation
Team formed jointly with Piplo Productions: Translation begun
Request for Translation
CONFIRMED: Department of Psychology, University of Lisbon. Expected completion, end of May 2020
Process for Conducting a Translation
- 1Ensure that you meet the conditions and agree with the translation agreement written above.
- 2Make sure that there is a real need for this language version. Connect with other groups to ensure there is a dissemination plan involving organizations in that country or connected to that cultural group.
- 3If you would like to translate the book as a member of a translation team, please READ THIS PAGE AND complete this SURVEY.
- 4Wait to hear from us. In general we prefer to work either with people we know or with teams connected to an established organization. Your request needs to be approved by Chandra Ghosh Ippen , and while we appreciate your desire to support this effort, we may not be able to track and approve all requests as we want to ensure that we can complete those that we commit to. We also do this all pro bono in our spare time.
- 5English PDF files are downloadable from: https://piploproductions.com/trinka-and-sam-virus/. We will also provide you with translation files if your team is approved for translation including Google sheets to assist with line by line translation (use this when we are formatting the books for you) and Adobe Photoshop versions if you have the capacity to format the book yourselves (this is preferable for us).
- 6Translation team members complete the translation jointly reviewing each others work. All team members names are included in the inside of the book as members of the Translation/adapation team for that language version.
- 7Holds consensus calls or emails regarding any proposed changes if needed with Chandra Ghosh Ippen (1-2 hours)
- 8Note: Changes to the text are permissible to make them more appropriate for the cultural context or to help the language flow better for a children, but those changes need to be approved by Chandra Ghosh Ippen either via email or during the consensus call. Please send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 9Final files delivered to email@example.com to be posted on this website and shared with nctsn.org
- 10Team members to share a brief bio and photo to be posted on our website: https://piploproductions.com/stories/trinka-and-sam/trinka-and-sam-team/